Beef: Chili: (Paleo) My Infamous Paleo Chili
No photo yet.. trust me!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (I look for 90/10)
- 1 large steak cut into chunks (or stew meat, whatever you prefer)
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes (look for the one where the only ingredient is tomatoes)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilis (again, look for natural here)
- 1 small can tomatillo salsa (in the Mexican food aisle, look for natural ingredients in this…I think the brand starts with an E)
- large onion diced
- 1/8 cup almond flour
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced or about
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 3-4 tbs chili powder
- olive oil
Put about 2 tbs olive oil in a pan and get it screaming hot. Sear the chunks of steak in batches (don’t crowd or it won’t brown). It doesn’t have to be cooked at this point, just brown and pull it out.
Add a little more oil if needed and add diced onion to kind of brown a bit.
Add the beef stock and let it cook until it is reduced by half (this gives a really meaty base).
Add in ground beef and almond flour. Stir until it browns a bit.
Add garlic, spices, tomatoes, and steak chunks. Simmer on low heat for a couple of hours.
It gets better the longer it cooks.