Cashew Beef Stir-Fry
Taste of Home Feb March 2009
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, divided
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 1b. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups salted cashews
- hot cooked rice
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and 2 Tbsp. soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a very large skillet or work, stir-fry broccoli and carrots in 1 Tbsp. oil until vegetables begin to soften. Add the beef, garlic, pepper and remaining soy sauce; stir fry until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
In teh same pan, stir-fry the green and red peppers, onions and squash in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Return beef to the pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice.