Seared Scallops with Farmers Market Salad
Serving size 1 cup salad and 3 scallops
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 1lb. I recommend Romas
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbs canola or EVOO
- 1 1/2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears) Can use canned if needed.
- Kosher or Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground black pepper
1. Combine tomato, basil, 1/4 tsp salt. 1/8 tsp pepper, toss gently.
2. Heat a large cast iron or heavy skillet over high heat. (non-stick pans will not work well with high heat searing). Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes or until browned. Turn scallops; cook 2 min or until done. Remove scallops from pan and keep warm.
3. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn to pan; saute 2 min or until lightly browned. Add to tomato mixture; toss gently.
4. Serve salad with scallops