Yum! A walnut stuffed stollen bread drizzled with sweet vanilla glaze.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- VANILLA DRIZZLE:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 5-1/2 teaspoons milk
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
Punch dough down; divide into thirds. Shape each portion into a 12 inch x 7 inch oval.
In a bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread down the middle third of each stollen. Fold a long side over to within 1 in. of opposite side; press edge lightly to seal. Place on greased baking sheets; curve ends slightly. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Top with Vanilla Drizzle (recipe below).
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1/2 cup.
You'll also love
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.3/5 (587 Votes)
- Crack Cake 4/5 (143 Votes)
- Upside Down Gingerbread Man... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Pumpkin, Barley & Sage Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barley & Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Save the Day Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gayle's Cornbread Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Bars with Cream Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)