Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna
- 1 (26 ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce or your own homemade
- 1 (10 ounce) box lasagna noodles (the kind you cook)
- 1 (11 ounce) container pesto
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
Mix pesto, ricotta and Parmesan cheese together.
Use a 4 quart slow cooker. Place a spoonful of pasta sauce (about 1/4 cup) into the bottom of your cooker and swirl around. Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (you're going to have to break them to make a layer). Smear pesto mixture onto the noodles. Add a handful or two of baby spinach and top with a layer of Parmesan and sliced mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers until you have run out of ingredients.
The spinach is fluffy so you are going to have to squish it down to make it all fit.
Before closing the pot, put 1/4 cup water into the empty pasta sauce jar, close and shake. Pour this saucy water of the top of everything. Now cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for about 3 or 4 hours. You will know when it's done when the top layer begins to brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. It will also pull away a bit from the sides. Taste test a noodle to check texture. Uncover and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (127 Votes)