Macaroni Salad Virginia Style
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup tarragon vinegar
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour- CQ?
1 egg, beaten
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cups macaroni- Dreamsfield
½ cucumber, sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together butter, tarragon vinegar, flour and egg. Stirring continuously, heat 10 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, prepare the sauce by combining the tarragon vinegar mixture with mayonnaise.
3. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
4. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the macaroni 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and pour into the bowl with the sauce. Stir until the macaroni is well coated.
5. Mix the coated macaroni with the eggs, cucumber, tomato, green bell pepper and salt.