Macaroni and Cheese Deluxe "House" Recipe
This recipe was introduced to the family by Pat Reynolds Ingram my dad's sister. My mom, Betty Reynolds, then adopted the recipe and it became forever known as "the" recipe for mac and cheese. This is not the creamy style of mac and cheese but is rich and casseroly! My Mom then found the recipe with actual measurements and amounts on p.74 of The Black Family Reunion Cookbook.
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2-quart casserole, or baking dish.
Cook macaroni following package directions. Drain.
Combine cottage cheese, cheese, sour cream, egg and salt. Fold in macaroni. Spoon into casserole. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chinese Velvet Chicken and Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ASPARAGUS CRAB CASSEROLE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Spicy Sausages,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Couscous (variation with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cool and Creamy Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe