David's Yellow Cake
A moist yellow cake made from scratch. For best results, cream your butter and sugar well, a good few minutes. This is key for a light and fluffy cake!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 2 (8-inch) round pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped. Cool 15 minutes before turning out onto cooling racks.
You'll also love
- Potato Leek Soup (Julia Child's)... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- One Pot Chicken and Rice with Peas... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Peach & Blueberry Crumbles 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Fun Time Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Cake Pops 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Streuselkuchen; German Crumb Cake 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- La Panadería's Mexican Pink Cake 4.1/5 (45 Votes)