- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsps kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 3-4 oz creamy goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup grated parmasean, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 extra large egg. slightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
heat to 400.
heat olive oil in large skillet. add onion and cook for 5 mins over medium low heat, until translucent. add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. add sausage and cook over medium low heat, breaking it up with a fork, for 8-10 mins, or until no longer pink. add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tbls of the parsley, the basil, 1 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. simmer, uncovered over medium low heat for 15-20 mins until thickened.
meanwhile, fill a large bowl with the hottest tap water. add noodles and allow them to sit for 20 minutes. drain.
in medium bowl, combine ricotta, goat cheese, 1 cup of parm, the egg, remaining 2 tbls of parsley, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. set aside.
ladle 1/3 of the sauce into a 9x12 inch rectangular baking dish, spreading the sauce over the bottom of the dish. tehn add the layers as follows: 1/2 the pasta, 1/2 the mozz, 1/2 the ricotta, and 1/3 of sauce. add rest of pasta, cheese and cause. sprinkle with 1/4 cup parm. bake 30 mins or until sauce bubbles