Red Velvet Shortcakes
An easy and delicious recipe for Red Velvet Shortcakes topped with cool whip and strawberries, it’s a showstopper.
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 (4-ounce) package BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 (8-ounce each) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Cover bottoms of 2 (9-inch) round pans with waxed paper; spray with cooking spray. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; blend in chocolate and food coloring. Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 22 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
Toss berries with 2 tablespoons. sugar; set aside. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Whisk in COOL WHIP.
Cut each cake layer into 8 wedges. Serve topped with COOL WHIP mixture and berries.