- 8 oz. linguine pasta
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper - I used 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper instead
- 1 large egg - I used 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbls. brown sugar - I used 2 Tbls. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsl. soy sauce - I used 2 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. Sriracha (rooster sauce)
- 1 sliced green onion - I used 2 sliced green onions
- 1 handful fresh cilantro - chopped (optional) I used parsley
Adapted from myrecipejourney-lillian.blogspot.com
* Cook linguine according to package.
* While noodles are cooking prepare the sauce by mixing together the brown sugar, soy sauce and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside to be used at the very end.
* In a large skillet melt butter over medium/low heat.
* Add the crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper to the butter as it melts.
* Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and then add it to the skillet with the melted butter.
* Stir and cook as if making scrambled eggs. Then turn off heat.
* When linguine is done cooking, drain and add to the skillet with the cooked eggs.
* Also add the prepared sauce mixture.
* Turn the heat back onto low and stir everything to coat well and evaporate excess liquid.
* Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro or parsley.
* Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Rao's Famous Lemon Chicken 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Chewy Coconut-Pecan Cookies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Feta-Scallion Couscous Cakes With... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Skillet Penne with Sausage and... 4.2/5 (59 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe