Deviled Eggs With Sour Cream, Chives, And Salmon Roe
- 24 large hard-boiled eggs peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 jar salmon roe - (4 oz) (or golden whitefish roe)
Carefully scoop yolks from egg halves into large bowl. Finely chop 4 egg-white halves; add to bowl with yolks. Add sour cream and next 6 ingredients to yolks. Mash with fork until smooth.
Arrange egg-white halves on large platter. Spoon filling into each, mounding slightly. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Garnish each egg half with 1/4 teaspoon roe and serve.
This recipe yields 20 servings.