Cinnamon-Sugar Plum Cake
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 lg plums (about 1 1/4 lbs), pitted, cut into 1/2" wedges
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Adapted from goolge.com
Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Butter 9" diameter springform pan. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. beat in 3/4 cup sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time, then lemon juice and lemon peel, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in flour mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan.
Press plum wedges halfway into batter in concentric circles, spacing slightly apart. Mix remaining 1 1/2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over plums.
Bake cake until browned on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cut around cake; release pan sides. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Banana Cake (Dominica) 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Marinated then Baked Pork... 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Homemade Freckled Lemonade 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Chinese Pork Ribs with Plum Sauce 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
Review this recipe