America's Test Kitchen Skillet Baked Ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces ziti pasta (3 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- I haven't made this yet, but lots of reviews making additions (browned hamburger, italian sausage, etc...). Looks VERY versatile.
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from food.com
1 Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 475.
2 Combine oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 12-inch ovensafe nonstick skillet and saute over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. (If your skillet is not ovensafe, transfer the pasta mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish before sprinkling with the cheese and baking).
3 Add crushed tomatoes, water, ziti and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
4 Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as needed to maintain vigorous simmer, until ziti is almost tender, 15-18 minutes.
5 Stir in cream, Parmesan, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6 Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over ziti. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes. Serve.
You'll also love
- Glazed Flat Apple Pie 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Breast 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (70 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Asparagus Orzo Salad 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Spinach Tomato Orzo Soup 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Baked Beef Ziti Weight Watchers 7... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)