- 3 Italian hot sausages casings removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese - (abt 3 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz) room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- Olive oil as needed
- 24 large mushrooms - (abt 2" dia) stemmed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
Sauté sausage and oregano in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and brown, breaking into small pieces with back of fork, about 7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to large bowl and cool. Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, then cream cheese. Season filling with salt and pepper; mix in egg yolk.
Brush 15- by 10- by 2-inch glass baking dish with olive oil to coat. Brush cavity of each mushroom cap with white wine; fill with scant 1 tablespoon filling and sprinkle with some of remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange mushrooms, filling-side up, in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered until mushrooms are tender and filling is brown on top, about 25 minutes.
This recipe yields 24 mushrooms.
Perfect for Thanksgiving, these warm hors d'oeuvres can be assembled a day ahead and chilled, then baked before serving.
You'll also love
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes And Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Turkey With Herb Butter And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Potatoes Tossed In... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom And Gruyere Bread Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek And Wild Mushroom Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple And Sausage Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)