Fried Cinnamon Sugar Bananas
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups canola oil
- 4 large bananas, peeled, quartered crosswise
- Confectioner’s sugar for sprinkling
- Dark chocolate sauce
In a shallow dish, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and baking soda. Whisk in coconut milk and vanilla. Set aside.
In a deep heavy-duty pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
Dip the bananas into the batter to coat.
Working in batches, fry in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes. (Don’t overcrowd the pan.)
Remove bananas with a slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain.
Serve sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar and sitting aside a pool of chocolate sauce.