Penne Vodka With Herbed Chicken
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 container refrigerated marinara sauce - (23 1/2 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with
- roasted garlic in juice - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 whole roasted lemon-pepper chicken or a whole roasted chicken, skinned, and meat shredded into bite-size strips
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently. Drain. Return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce, tomatoes with juices, basil, vodka, and crushed red pepper in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Add shredded chicken and stir until heated through.
Add sauce to pasta and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.