P.F. Changs Mongolian Beef
Tender beef with a crispy outside. If you use gluten free soy sauce it can be a gluten free entree.
- 12 oz. sliced tenderloin or flank steak
- 1 tbsp. soy bean oil
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. garlic
- 2 fl oz. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. rice wine
- 2 oz. green onion sticks 3" cut on a bias
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. sesame oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from pfchangs.com
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the beef and cook for 30-60 seconds or until cooked.
-Beef should be lightly browned around the edges and gray throughout the rest of the surface.
2. Add your garlic and toss.
3. Add the rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
4. Cook and reduce the sauce around the beef until all sauce has caramelized onto the beef. -The sauté pan should be "dry" (no flowing sauce) before proceeding onto the next step.
5. Add the green onion sticks and toss to incorporate into the beef.
A few tosses are all that are needed; do not wilt the green onion sticks! 6. Finish with sesame oil.
7. Place on a plate and enjoy