Erica's slow cooker beef pot roast
- Erica's Delicious Slow Cooker Beef Roast
- Submitted By: Erica
- Photo By: FROGHOPPER
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 9 Hours
- Ready In: 9 Hours 20 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- "Any cut of roast can be used for this. It cooks for 8 to 10 hours with baby carrots, onions, herbs, and condensed cream of mushroom soup."
- 2 pounds boneless beef roast
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, quartered
- 16 baby carrots
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream
- of mushroom soup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Place the onion, carrots, garlic and parsley in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the roast and the vegetables.
3. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, stirring once.
4. Transfer roast to a serving platter and place the vegetables around it. Pour the roast gravy from the slow cooker into a gravy boat.