BBQ Baked Beans & Sausage
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Yield: Yield: 4 servings, about 11/3 cups each
Fat. Total: 8g
Carbohydrates, Total: 66g
Fat, Saturated: 1g
% Cal. from Fat: 16%
Get Cooking: http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/RecDetail.aspx?rid=10512#ixzz2SSpdN9kb
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce (see Shopping Tip)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped collard greens (about 10 ounces), tough stems removed
- 9 ounces cooked chicken sausage links (about 3 links), halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 15-ounce cans great northern or navy beans, rinsed (see Note)
- Get Cooking: http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/RecDetail.aspx?rid=10512#ixzz2SSpUFFDP
Whisk barbecue sauce, water, tomato paste, molasses, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and collard greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until the collards are wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes more.
Reduce heat to medium-low; add beans and the sauce mixture to the pan. Gently stir to combine, cover and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Get Cooking: http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/RecDetail.aspx?rid=10512#ixzz2SSpYsBbu