For red wine, I bought the Albero Spanish Red Wine 2014 Monastrell from Trader Joe’s. However, any fruity, full bodied, somewhat-dry red Spanish wine will do.
- 1 apple, cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces
- 1 orange, rind on, sliced into circles
- 1 peach sliced
- Handful of blackberries, optional
- 4 to 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup brandy, plus more to taste
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry Spanish red wine
- Ice to chill, about 1 cup
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Add apples, oranges, peach blueberries and sugar to a large pitcher.
Add orange juice and brandy and stir to combine for 30 seconds.
Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavor as needed.
Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional).