Cream Cheese Cool Whip Frosting
This cream cheese Cool Whip frosting is super easy when you need to frost cakes, cupcakes, pies, or other pastries. Color as you like with food coloring, and customize the flavor with any pudding mix you desire! If making ahead, store in the fridge until it's time to frost and eat!
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container whipped topping (thawed, if frozen)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix (or other desired flavor), optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
In a large mixing bowl, stir together softened cream cheese with the Cool Whip. Add the sugar, vanilla, and pudding mix, if using. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
If you would like a colored frosting, add several drops of food coloring and mix. Continue to add food coloring, stirring after each addition, until the frosting is the desired color.
With a spatula, spread the frosting over your desired dessert, several tablespoons at a time. Once the entire surface is covered, use the spatula to smooth out the frosting and make sure it’s evenly distributed over the surface.
For an even more attractive cake, use a butter knife or spatula to create a wave-like design in the frosting. You can also spoon the frosting into a pastry bag (or a plastic storage bag with a small hole cut from one of the corners), and, with a frosting tip, squeeze frosting onto your dessert.
You'll also love
- Almond Milk Rice Pudding 4/5 (141 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe 4.5/5 (92 Votes)
- Apple Cream Cheese Dessert 4.3/5 (115 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Tres Leches Cake 4.5/5 (91 Votes)
- How to Make A Cake Mix Taste Like... 3.9/5 (227 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Cupcakes with Salted... 4.1/5 (123 Votes)
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting 4.4/5 (73 Votes)
- Banana Cake with Fluffy Cream... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)