Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans, (rinsed and drained)
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 t. Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Chili Powder
- 1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 t. Sea Salt (or regular Salt)
- You can change the spices, whatever you prefer.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. After the beans have been rinsed; lay them out on paper towels and allow to dry. It's important that they're dry before you put them in the oven.
3. Place the Chickpeas in a large bowl; (I use a plastic ziploc bag), and toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Spread them out in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes. (In my oven it takes 40-45 minutes.)