Mushrooms in Ginger Sauce
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp Butter, light
- 1/3 C Green Onions, chopped
- 1/3 C Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Ginger, grated*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 C Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- Steamed green beans or hot cooked rice (optional)
- Note: To grate ginger, cut off one end of the root; peel with a vegetable peeled, moving down the root. Grate with the dine opening of a grater.
In a large skillet heat butter over medium high heat. Add green onions, cilantro, ginger and garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and soy sauce; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice. Serve as a side dish or over steamed green beans or hot cooked rice.