Prawn and Cannellini Bean Soup
- 14 oz canned cannellini beats, drained
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup tomato puree
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Place the cannellini beans in a saucepan with the celery, onion, carrot, garlic, stock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes until flavors infuse. Remove from heat and cool a little. Discard the bay leaves.
2. Ladle half the beans and vegetables into a food processor or blender, add tomato puree and blend until smooth.
3. Return soup to the pan and gently reheat. Season to taste. Add prawns and poach for 5-6 minutes, until prawns are just cooked. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with parsley.