Pepper Fried Rice
This Pepper Fried Rice is great to use up any leftover rice you have on hand and it's ready in only 20 minutes! Enjoy this as a delicious side dish, quick snack or add your favorite protein for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons peanut or neutral oil, like grapeseed or corn
- 1 pound frozen bell pepper strips, preferably a mixture of red and yellow
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice, preferably long grain
- 2 tablespoons good soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
Adapted from cooking.nytimes.com
Put peanut oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, and turn heat to medium high. A minute later, add peppers and raise heat to high. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
Add rice, separating it with your hands as you do so. Cook, stirring and breaking up the rice lumps, until it is hot and begins to brown, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil, taste and adjust seasoning, and serve.