Kielbasa Fried Rice
Raise your fried rice game with this tasty perfectly seasoned variation with Kielbasa, onions, carrots and scallions.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a nonstick wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add the kielbasa and stir-fry over high heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok along with the onion, carrots and white scallions and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice and all but 1 tablespoon of the scallion greens, and stir-fry until the rice is heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
Push the fried rice to the side of the pan to create a well. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring gently, until nearly set. Return the kielbasa to the skillet and toss with the eggs and fried rice, cooking for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the soy sauce. Transfer the fried rice to bowls, garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of scallion greens and serve.
You'll also love
- Grilled Oysters with Chile Butter 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey Meatloaf Makeover 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Sliders 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Skillet Monkey Bread 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicago-Style Italian... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Stewed White Beans, Kale & Sausage 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Fried Rice 4.3/5 (4 Votes)