Meyer Lemon Braised Chicken
"Made with ... time-saving braising base, this chicken dish is falling-off-the-bone tender and boasts the bright flavors of Meyer lemons. Adding fresh potatoes and carrots elevates the meal from an easy weeknight dinner to a dish suitable for a weekend dinner party."--Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed
- 1 lb (500 g) new potatoes, halved
- 1 chicken, about 4 lb. (2 kg), cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jar Meyer lemon braising sauce
- Lemon halves for garnish (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
2. In a Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly colored, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the carrots to a platter. In the same pot, add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4 to 8 minutes. Transfer to the platter with the carrots.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In the same pot, working in batches, brown the chicken on all slides, 8 to 10 minutes per batch. Return all the chicken to the pot and add the carrots, potatoes and braising sauce. Cover the pot, transfer to the overn and cook until the chicken is fork-tender, about 1 hour. Skim the fat off the sauce, garnish with lemon halves and serve.
You'll also love
- Oven Fried Chicken and Waffles 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Clinton Kelly's Crispy Chicken... 3.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken & Rice 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Kentucky Lemonade 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Bars (Duncan Hines) 3.4/5 (10 Votes)
- BBQ Shredded Chicken | Stupid Easy... 3/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Milk and Thyme Braised... 0/5 (0 Votes)