Mushroom and Gruyère Crostata
- 1 1 1 (9-inch) store-bought pie dough round
- 2 2 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 6 1/4 portobello mushroom caps, gills removed, halved and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1 1 pound leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise, sliced thin, and washed thoroughly
- Salt and pepper
- 2 2 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 2 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 1 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
Adapted from cookscountry.com
Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into 14-inch circle on lightly floured counter; transfer to prepared sheet.
2. Melt butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, leeks, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Transfer vegetables to prepared dough, leaving 2-inch border around edge. Sprinkle with Gruyère and fold border over filling, pinching pleated dough to secure. Brush dough with egg. Bake until crust is deep golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating halfway through baking. Sprinkle with chives. Cut into wedges and serve.
You'll also love
- Italian BBQ Pork Chops 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef-Stuffed Zucchini Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry & Limoncello Sangria 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Sausage and Mushroom Pizza Pockets 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe