Beef-Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
For a change of pace, substitute your favorite barbecue sauce for the marinara in this stuffed zucchini recipe
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the marinara sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Strawberry & Limoncello Sangria 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- One- Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pulled Pork - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Soup Creamy Cauliflower & Ham-Low... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato, Cabbage & Chorizo Soup 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Italian Sausage & Zucchini Soup 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Autumn Pumpkin Bread with Pecan... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Semi Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)