- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup chopped green onions (tops and bottoms)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound peeled Louisiana crawfish tails, with fat
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small squares
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1 (11-ounce) roll refrigerated French bread dough
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil and butter until wilted, about 5 minutes.
2. Add crawfish tails and wine; stir ingredients well and add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
3. Add Cajun seasoning and cook until all is thickened, just a few minutes. Remove from heat, cool and let flavors blend.
4. Carefully roll out French bread dough on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.
5. Spoon crawfish mixture onto center of dough. Sprinkle on remaining shredded cheese, reserving 1 tablespoon. Fold dough over mixture and tuck ends under to make a loaf. Use the remaining tablespoon of cheese to sprinkle on top.
6. Cut five to six small slits in dough across the top of the loaf.
7. Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until loaf is golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven. Allow bread to set for a few minutes. Slice into serving-size pieces. Servings 5-6.