Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- Hot sauce, crumbled baked tortilla chips, fresh cilantro leaves, sliced avocado and lime wedges
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 210mins
Add broth, tomatoes, black beans, onion, poblano pepper, garlic, cumin, ancho chili powder and oregano to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high, 3 hours. Add cooked chicken, cover and cook another 30 minutes.
Ladle into serving bowls, and top with hot sauce, tortilla chips, cilantro and avocado. Serve with lime wedges. Refrigerate any leftovers.