Best Crab Cakes
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- 4 slices bread, crust trimmed off,bake to make them lightly toasted, then cut into pieces about 1/2 inch cubes.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tsp. worcstershire sauce
- 2 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. Butter and 2 Tbs olive oil for frying.
Combine all the ingredients except the bread crumbs, crab and the oil for frying in a stainless steel or porcelain bowl. Add the crab meat and toss lightly with a fork.
Using an ice cream scooper, form into a cake with your hands, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Place them onto a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Heat the oil to about 325 degrees, fry the crab cakes 2 a a time for 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Keep the cooked cakes in a warm oven at 200 degrees while preparing the others.