Hot Honey Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cleaned extra-large shrimp, patted very dry with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon very cold butter, cubed
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 1 jalapeño, halved, seeded and very thinly sliced, for serving
- 1 tablespoon chives or scallion greens, finely chopped, for serving
- Mayonnaise, for serving (optional)
Heat oven to 500 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine honey, cayenne, lime zest, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss in shrimp to coat.
Spread shrimp on a large rimmed baking sheet and dot with butter. Roast until shrimp is pink and opaque, but before the edges have started to curl, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle generously with fresh lime juice and toss with jalapeños and chives or scallions. Serve with mayonnaise if you like.