Cajun Seafood Pasta
- 20 large garlic cloves unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 12 ounces fully-cooked spicy sausage cut 1/2" rounds (such as andouille or hot links)
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms - (abt 12 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seafood seasoning
- 2 pounds littleneck clams scrubbed
- 1 pound mussels scrubbed, debearded
- 1 bottle clam juice - (8 oz)
- 1 3/4 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes - (abt 8 large)
- 18 uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 18 ounces halibut fillets cut 1 1/2" pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 cup chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss garlic cloves with oil in small baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until garlic is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. Peel garlic and mash with fork. Set aside.
Melt butter in heavy large pot over high heat. Add sausage and mushrooms and cook until brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in Cajun seasoning. Add clams, mussels, clam juice, tomatoes and reserved roasted garlic. Cover pot and cook until clams and mussels open, about 6 minutes (discard any clams and mussels that do not open).
Using tongs, transfer clams and mussels to large bowl. Add shrimp and halibut to cooking liquid. Cover and cook until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Return clams and mussels to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Transfer pasta to large bowl.
Spoon seafood sauce over pasta. Garnish with green onions and serve.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)