Quick and Easy Healthy Lemon Quinoa with Peas
February 18, 2013
Photo by Kelda Baljon
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup of any stock (for a truly meatless meal, opt for vegetable stock)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from spoonuniversity.com
1. Measure quinoa and pour into a small saucepan.
2. Pour stock, lemon juice and water into saucepan.
3. Turn heat on high and bring mixture to a boil with lid off.
4. When boiling, turn heat down to low and place lid on pot.
5. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
6. While quinoa is cooking, toast pine nuts, if desired. Place pine nuts in a small frying pan on high heat until slightly browned.
7. Once quinoa is finished cooking, pour in frozen peas and let sit for 2-3 minutes, or until peas are defrosted.
8. Top with toasted pine nuts and serve.
You'll also love
- Sophia Loren's Pasta Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fish wrapped in Prosciutto 5/5 (1 Votes)
- HOMEMADE GARLIC-MINT GARDEN INSECT... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Peach-Banana Chiffon Pie With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange-Vanilla Bean Cake with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon... 5/5 (1 Votes)