Spanish Style Chicken and Chorizo Bake
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 12 ounces baby potatoes
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces chorizo
- 12 chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 peppers, 1 green, 1 yellow, and 1 red cut into strips
- 2 lemons, halved
- Flaked sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro to taste
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1.Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Put the onions, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes in a large roasting pan and season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Toss and roast for 20 minutes.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, skin the chorizo and cut into slices.
5. Take the roasting pan out of the oven, scatter the chorizo over the vegetables and mix.
6. Place the chicken and the halved lemons on top of the veggies and chorizo and sprinkle with the paprika and oregano. Season with salt and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
7. Baste the chicken with the pan juices.
8. Turn the temperature up to 425°F.
9. Return the pan back to the oven for another 20 minutes or until the peppers are just softened and the chicken is golden and crisp.
Scatter some chopped cilantro and serve.