Sake-Marinated Sea Bass With Coconut-Curry Sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup tamari or regular soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso (fermented soy bean paste)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 sea bass fillets - (6 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Steamed white rice
- Coconut-Curry Sauce (see recipe)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Purée first 7 ingredients in blender. Place fillets in single layer in glass baking dish. Pour marinade over. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours, turning fish occasionally.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove fillets from marinade; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets and sear until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn fillets over; transfer skillet to oven. Bake fillets until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
Place some steamed rice in center of each of 6 plates. Top with fillets. Spoon some Coconut-Curry Sauce around rice on each plate. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.