Filet Mignon & Mushroom Stroganoff
8 points per serving
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 + 1/B teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces filet mignon, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cups hot cooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper in large zip-close plastic bag. Add beef and seal bag; toss until coated evenly, shaking off excess flour.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes; transfer to plate.
Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add to beef on plate. Add mushrooms and remaining VB teaspoon salt to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add broth; reduce heat and simmer until juices are slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
Return beef and onion to skillet along with any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Serve with noodles.
PER SERVING I1/* cup Stroganoff and % cup noodles): 333 Cal, 11 g Total Fat, 4 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 47 mg Choi, 299 mg Sod, 33 g Carb, 4 g Sugar, 4 g Fib, 25 g Prot, 66 mg Calc.