Chickpea and Veggie Stew
Nutrition (per serving) 272 cal 8 g pro, 28 g carb, 8 g fiber, 15.5 g fat, 6 g sat fat, 350 mg sodium
Tip: Try sprinkling with chopped cilantro or scallions, toasted coconut, and/or cashew pieces.
- Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb eggplant or zucchini, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 can (14 fl oz) light coconut milk
- 1/2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp green curry paste (we used Thai Kitchen) or 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz presliced carrots
- 4 oz thin green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Read more: http://www.prevention.com/food/cook/speedy-skillet-meals#ixzz2Npy2HVce
Adapted from prevention.com
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 minutes. Transfer to plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in next 4 ingredients. Stir in chickpeas, carrots, and green beans. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are just tender, 5 minutes. Uncover, stir in eggplant, and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in lime juice (to taste) and season. Ladle into bowls. Top as desired (see above).