Thai Salad with Whole Grain Brown Rice & Chicken
Ginger, peanut butter and fresh basil give that 'Thai' feeling to this flavorful whole grain chicken salad.
- 1 1/2 cups UNCLE BEN’S® Whole Grain Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 Poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from unclebens.com
Cook the rice according to package directions, set aside and chill.
Whisk the peanut butter, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and poblano peppers in a small bowl, set aside.
Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise before cutting them into 1/2-inch slices.
Combine the rice with cucumber, dressing, chicken and onion. Cover and chill.
Just before serving, toss salad with spinach and basil.