Corn Fritter Casserole
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 8 oz. package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (or a spicier pepper if you like heat)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) cream style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix, such as Jiffy
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Using whisk attachment on a standing mixer, or using a regular hand held mixer, mix first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
By hand, stir in 1/2 cup onion, 1/2 cup pepper, drained whole kernel corn & cream style corn; mix well. Add muffin mix and black pepper stirring until well combined. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup of onion & pepper (you can add more or less to taste).
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temp.
* You can use 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels in place of the canned corn if you prefer. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- kokee cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)