Mediterranean Broccoli in a Rose Sauce
Can also use cauliflower in place of the broccoli
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- one 28 oz (796 mL) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream or heavy cream
- cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat the oil in a large pot and saute the garlic and all of the vegetables for 5-6 minutes.
Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the cream. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add the cream, mix well to a creamy texture, and serve. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, if desired.