- 2 pounds lean stew meat, cubed
- 14.5 ounce can no salt added tomatoes, liquid included
- 10 oz no salt added beef broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry table wine (i just use extra beef broth instead of wine)
- 2 cups peeled potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 medium carrots
- 3 small onions, sliced ( i chopped the onions)
- 1 cup fresh green beans ) i use frozen green beans)
- 2 TBSP flour mixed into broth from cooked stew
preheat over 325 degrees
Preheat a heavy pan and brown the stew meat on all sides.
Add tomatoes, broth and wine.
Season with garlic powder, marjoram, and pepper and bring to boil stirring frequently.
Add potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, and season to taste with freshly ground pepper
Mix well, cover and bake in reheated oven stirring occasionally.
Bake for 1 hour
After one hour, stir in green beans and continue baking 1 additional hour or until meat is tender.
Before serving, mix flour and broth from stew to make a loose paste add to stew to made a thicker gravy consistency