Mahi Mahi with Zesty Basil-Butter
This is a marvelous way to prepare mahi mahi. From the Food Network.
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus additional for seasoning
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Zesty Basil Butter:
Combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until the butter melts. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the fish for 3 minutes; then turn and cook until just opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer the fillets to individual plates.
Spoon the warm basil butter over the fish and serve.
Recipe courtesy of The Deen Brothers (TIE Deen Bros, pg. 58)