Halibut With Herbed Vegetable Quartet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound carrots cut in 1/4" dice
- 2 cups chopped leeks and onions
- 4 celery ribs cut in 1/4" dice
- 6 ounces arugula or spinach washed, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced thyme or parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth or clam juice
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Seafood Alternatives: salmon, swordfish, grouper, mahi-mahi, shrimp, clams
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, leeks and celery and sauté until tender-crisp, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring. Stir in the arugula, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the vegetables soften, stirring, 2 minutes longer.
Add the vegetable broth and set the halibut on top of the vegetables. Season the fish with the paprika, the remaining thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until the halibut is opaque in the center, 4 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Spoon the vegetables and fish onto warm dinner plates and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.