Fettuccini With Alaska Surimi Seafood
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 pound asparagus trimmed, and sliced into 2" pieces
- 2 cups surimi seafood
- 1/4 cup ripe olives sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 cup mascarpone (fresh Italian cheese) see * Note
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
* Note: If mascarpone is too thick, stir in a little cream.
Cook fettuccine in three quarts boiling salted water until "al dente". Drain well and set aside in warm place. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to keep noodles separated.
Heat remaining olive oil in skillet and set aside. Add asparagus to skillet with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add Surimi, tomatoes, olives and oregano. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until all ingredients are heated through.
Combine nuts, garlic and surimi mixture with fettuccine. Mix lightly. Spoon mascarone over fettuccine and mix again. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.