Linguine With Sea Urchins
- 1 pound fresh sea urchin roe chopped into
- thumbnail-size pieces
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini sliced paper thin
- 2 1/2 cups roughly-chopped overripe plum tomatoes (abt 6 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons hot crushed peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped Italian parsley (abt 2 bunches)
Place 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a large earthenware serving bowl, place half the urchins, scallions, zucchini, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, hot pepper and sea salt and allow to stand.
Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente and drain well. Pour pasta into bowl with urchin roe mixture and toss like a salad to mix well. Place remaining urchins over top, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.