Imitation Crab Salad Pistolettes
- 1 (16 oz) package Louis Kemp Crab Delights (imitation crabmeat) (I used Flake Style)
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped celery (1 skinny rib)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 3 to 4 drops liquid crab boil, optional (I used Zatarain's)
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise (I used Blue Plate)
- 2-3 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
- 4-6 pistolette rolls (or French bread rolls)
Separate the crab into chunks; then place into a food processor and pulse a few times with the steel blade until desired texture is reached. (I like to leave a few chunks) Pour into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste, and adding more mayo/cream for desired creaminess.
Split the rolls in the center (not all the way through to the back side) and hollow out some of the bread, if desired, (I forgot to do this) then fill with the crab mixture. (Add lettuce and thinly sliced tomato, if desired).