- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small eggplant peeled, diced (abt 5 to 6 cups diced eggplant)
- 4 tamarillos, any variety peeled, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 elephant garlic clove minced (or 3 cloves regular garlic, minced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Combine the broth, eggplant, tamarillos, mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic, basil, and oregano in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan.
This recipe yields 4 cups, 6 to 8 servings.